The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Redmond, Washington
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Advocates for and champions third-party partner marketing opportunities within Nintendo of America (NOA) to deliver integrated and effective platform marketing solutions that deliver meaningful sell-through
- Manages the execution of all third-party marketing programs
- Optimizes the use of PDR marketing resources to deliver on PDR business goals
- Manages assigned staff processes and activities including providing feedback, guidance, training and task direction
- Evaluates effectiveness of marketing investments in driving incremental demand, and adjusts plans accordingly to continuously improve ROI
- First point-of-contact between Publishers/ Developers, Nintendo Internal Departments, and PDR for all third-party marketing-related matters
- Supports internal initiatives generated by NOA Sales and Marketing teams that involve third-party content
- Supports third-party partners in all marketing, advertising and promotional activities, including identifying integration opportunities
- Ensures NOA sales and marketing teams are briefed on priority third-party products, strategy, and initiatives in a timely and productive manner, including the development of assets and game documentation
- Analyzes and understands market/ consumer/ retailer/ industry trends
- Manages the approval and execution of licensee product integration into Nintendo marketing programs including experiential tactics, PR programs, advertising, retail marketing, live services, CRM, etc.
- Actively collaborates with Marketing team in proactive and ongoing development of paid/ earned/ social/ owned media plans
- Works closely with Licensee and development teams to articulate marketing strategy, including overall marketing priorities, key product messaging, and targeted audiences
- Drives collaboration with external partners and internal teams to ensure flawless execution across all operations, logistics, legal, staffing, product training, digital, aspects of the program
- Delivers ongoing communication to key external and internal stakeholders on marketing activity including development and distribution of status reports, recaps, analysis and other materials
- Performs post-program reporting, ROI and PDCA activities
- Formulates product demonstration plans in accordance with key messages and strategy
- Reviews and helps optimize third-party partner marketing strategy and plans
- Demonstrates products to internal teams, media and consumers, including on-stage and in-booth demonstrations at trade shows
- Evaluates games in various stages of development to assess product quality, demand potential, and alignment with strategic objectives
- Works closely, effectively, and in cooperation with Licensee partners and internal support staff in reviewing assets, marketing materials, PR and advertising print assets, and digital marketing creative
- Reviews marketing materials for accuracy to game content and consistency with established key messaging and strategy
- Acts as primary marketing representative of PDR with all internal NOA stakeholders
- Oversees third-party inclusion in NOA trade shows and provides on-site direction and support
- Supports Licensee’s with interactive and resource needs for their own trade/media events
- Creates and executes marketing funding agreements, as well as invoice review and approval
- Presents PDR priorities to other internal NOA departments
- Up to 20% travel
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS:
- A minimum of five years of video game industry related experience
- Proven leadership skills
- Track-record of exceptional people management
- Experience with media relations
- Thorough understanding and experience with all aspects of marketing and communications
- Familiarity with licensing structure or previous relations with licensees preferred
- Experience working with digital content developers preferred
- Familiarity of Nintendo franchise characters and IP, and third-party content preferred
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Marketing, a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans….valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.
Interested? Apply now.
Whether you’re just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what’s out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra’s Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.